Sunday 14 August 2011

The Goth Challenge! Day 3 - When did you come out the Goth closet?

Yikes! That is quite difficult to tell with a situation like mine. If we are speaking of a TRUE Goth, then just probably this year. Yes, I have finally realized that what I thought was Goth was only just a mallgoth phase. I am embarrassed when I look back to my older pictures... What in the underworld was I thinking?! (See previous Goth Challenge posts for pictures of my evolution into Goth-hood)

I always felt free to express myself through my dark childhood, although I got bullied until grade 7 (13 years old). When I reached grade 8, I finally decided to put my combat-booted foot down and stand up for myself. Now most people are afraid of my assertiveness! I speak my mind, but in a polite manner, as to be both understood and respected. Throughout all those years of being bullied and laughed at, NEVER have I been afraid to express my tastes and who I truly am for someone else to feel superior. Today, I am proud of myself for doing so, and I believe many people went through the same pain that I have and some can maybe even learn from this... Or so I hope! ^,..,^

No comments: