Tuesday 29 November 2011

The Goth Challenge! Day 7 - Ten of your favourite goth bands. (Late?)

Sorry everyone! I just realised that I had never posted this before and I had it saved in my drafts for months now! Apologies for this little slip, I'll make sure to check next time! Anyway, on with the Goth Challenge!

Ouch! This is going to be hard... I am still a Babybat so I don't know too many of them, but it's too hard to choose! So for all those Babybats out there, here are the Goth rock bands I started with (these are NOT in any order!) :

1. The Birthday Massacre: Being a local band, I felt quite honored to live so close to the origin city of one of my favourite Goth bands! The Birthday Massacre was born in Toronto, Ontario (Canada) and are well known worldwide today. I love the fact that a woman is the lead singer, and Chibi is so great at it! The music is heavy at times and slow at others. They sure do make a good use of that keyboard!



2. Bauhaus: Definitely the kings of Goth rock! Bauhaus always has an eerie feel to their music. Every instrument is used in harmony with the other to create a mysterious work of art!



3. The Crüxshadows: I love the fact that they stand out with their techno/electronic side of the Goth music. They are very easy to start with as a Goth band! Just look at Rogue's (lead vocals) hair!



4. Inkubus Sukkubus: I absolutely LOVE Candia's voice! Inky Suk is really a band to look at in Goth rock culture. They are still an active band with their newest release The Dark Goddess. Here is a look into this great album!



5. Switchblade Symphony: Tina Root is so adorable! I love her cute Gothic look! Their songs are both creepy and cute at the same time. See for yourself!



6. Siouxsie And The Banshees: Siouxsie is probably one the most popular Gothic female icons. When you think Goth rock history, you think Siouxsie Sioux! This band is straight out of the 70's and still has style!


7. Emilie Autumn: The queen of Goth, Emilie has her own unique style and music. Her songs speak to the soul with their deep lyrics! Most people can really relate to them!



8. Johnny Hollow: Very dark and amazing music! I completely LOVE Janine White's makeup in this next video! The song is addictive... I had it stuck in my head for two days now...



9. The Crypt Club: I love this local band from Montréal, Québec (Canada)! It is once again a band formed close to my home. Listen to these amazing people!



10. Voltaire: Dearest Aurelio Voltaire Hernández! A true artist at heart! His voice is truly amazing and his songs are masterpieces!



So these are my 10 suggested bands to the beginner Babybats! Enjoy guys!

No comments: