Thursday 29 September 2011

The Goth Challenge! Days 9 to 13

Day 9 - What genre of music do you dislike?

Guys, please don't get angry at me for being stereotypical but I find I cannot stand country, pop, and reggae music. They completely get on my nerves and I just can't catch onto it. All the mainstream music is always the same, all synthesized and fake. I don't understand how people get so hooked onto this while bands with TRUE amazing talent remain hidden in the shadows that the other bands create. I like finding true artists and I pay my respect to them!


Day 10 - What do you hate and love about the subculture?

What I love:
  • The freedom of expression
  • The fact people can still be their own person while still being a part of the subculture
  • The music!!
  • The clothes and the many possibilities of outfits one could create
  • The fact we can all stand out
What I dislike:
  • The high prices on the accessories and footwear :/
  • The fact people don't exactly know what Goth is so they turn out to be know-it-all mall-Goths
  • The rudeness that those know-it-alls have... -.-

Day 11 - Is Goth a lifestyle for you?

Well I must definitely say that Goth occupies a big role in my life! The fashion, music, etc... But I must say I don't ONLY listen to Goth music... It could drive someone completely bonkers to listen to one single type of music all the time! I also enjoy heavy metal, death metal, classic rock songs, and more! Also, I don't dress up super fancy all the time! Sometimes a black t-shirt with black pants is good enough for me! Especially with school and all... It's fun to not have to think up a whole new outfit for every single day... Plus, we all have our lazy days!

So yes, Goth truly IS a major part of my life, it's who I am and who I love to be! But I am not Goth, and Goth only!


Day 12 - What's your Gothic inspiration?

Well my biggest inspiration at the moment is Amy from The Ultimate Goth Guide! She has inspired me to write this blog although she does such a better job at it than me!

Other then that, I get inspired by other pictures of Goths online or in the media, but mostly it's the bloggers!


Day 13 - What was your first band t-shirt?

My first band t-shirt was Disturbed! I was soooo happy to have bought it all by myself with my own money back then! ^,..,^

No comments: