Thursday 29 September 2011

The Goth Challenge! Day 8 - What's your worst and best experience with non-Goths?

Ah non-Goths! They surround me in my everyday life! You see, the only other "Goth" in my life is my little sister, which is attempting to become "Goth" in my honor. All my friends are therefore non-Goths. I love hanging out with non-Goths because I'm the odd one out among them! I love being different and standing out while being myself!

But, just like in every community, there are people that aren't the greatest to be around. Some of these non-Goths believe we Goths are easy targets for pathetic, insulting jokes and bullying. This is where I have had bad experiences.

I always was a shy, insecure child with low or hardly any self-esteem at all. Being different made me prone to bullying. It always seemed so funny to others to make fun of me with pathetic insults and obvious sarcasm. For 6 years straight, I have been put down and had no self-esteem whatsoever. When I turned 14 years old, I finally decided to come out of my shell and put my combat-booted foot down once and for all. After doing this, I found friendship among non-Goths and even my first ever boyfriend! ;)

Also, if you asked me what was my ultimate pet peeve, it would be people mimicking or "copying" me. It has happened to me so much that I almost went crazy! Now I can't stand it anymore, although my sister constantly does this. It had happened on many occasions that someone would do everything to try and BE me instead of being themselves. Let's not get into deatils, because I'll start to ramble on and get off subject.

Anyway, all that to say: I love my non-Goth friends, and I haven't had much experiences with actual Goths, but I bet it would be fun to find someone who understands my tastes and lifestyle!

No comments: