Saturday 28 May 2011

Riskia (explained)

As this is my first time on blogspot, I would like to greet you first and to tell you a bit about myself.

My name is Riskia, it isn't my real name, it's only a name I have invented when I was a kid, and that I liked. I have been highly interested into the dark side of things since I was in grade three (about 8 years old). Today, I am a 15 year old that considers herself more of a babybat than anything else. I have just began with the serious Goth stuff so give me some slack!

I was born and raised completely French. I have always been to a French school, and I attend one presently, so excuse my possibly wrong English.

I have a brown, curly and poofy hideous mutation on my head that I dare call "hair". Obviously, humans always want what they don't have, so I wish I had straight black hair... I straighten my hair every single day since I can't stand to see myself with this! Because of my young age and my mother being a teacher, she has always hated the fact of dying one's hair... I am still in the process of convincing her of letting me put some life in my mutation... It has been 6 years now... I'll get there one day!

I enjoy Goth Rock music from bands such as Bauhaus, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Switchblade Symphony, The Crüxshadows (just to name a few), but I also love very heavy music like Goth Metal (Cradle Of Filth!). The again, heavy metal appeals to me just as well (Slipknot, Children Of Bodom, Atreyu, etc...) So I enjoy a bit of everything when it comes to music.

I am in love with my boyfriend, Brandon, who is not as dark as me, but he's getting there! We have been dating for a year now, and have no intention of getting separated anytime soon! I am in deep dark love!

I am crazy for Emily The Strange! I have been since I was 8 years old! I collect all the stuff I can because they are stopping to sell it where I live (in Canada). I still manage to find shirts here and there in thrift stores all around.

I live in a mild little town, where being different is almost a crime! I am the only Goth one I have ever seen in this whole county, so it is very hard to find clothes for me! The closest to Goth I'll get is a 2 hour drive away! So I stick to DIY...

I am therefore proud to say that I represent the Goths in my area!

No comments: